Thursday, August 5, 2010

Society In Coma

Society is in a coma when it comes to trafficking.

TRAFFICKING AND FORCED PROSTITUTION are NOT OK AND IT'S UP TO US TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

        Girls are out there, screaming day and night. For some girls, no one hears or comes to help them. After a while, they stop screaming. They learn that less resistance results in fewer black eyes and fewer broken bones. They smile on the street corner and beckon men as if having sex with strangers is their own idea. Meanwhile, a pimp lurks in the background. Afterwards, he collects the money and she collects the STD's.
         The idea for the book and the blog is to open up discussions on the subject, so that our collective input can be used to stop the most humiliating form of slavery. After working for 10 years in this field, I've concluded that here is no political will to really put an end to it. So I decided to find ordinary people to do extraordinary things (people like you and me) and try to help the girls.
          Thanks for joining me this week. Following is an article from Reader's Digest that describes the situation and the area in which I live and work. Below that, you'll find a continuance of the excerpt from Unstoppable Redeemer.
         Remember, your input matters. Please share your thoughts and post your comments by clicking on the red comment button. Also, if you would like notification of new postings, become a follower of this blog.
          Happy reading!



4 comments:

A Word Weaver said...

What a powerful, compelling message, Iana! I was especially moved by the first written part of your story and can't wait for the whole book to be finished. Thank you for speaking for those whose voices have been silenced. The world needs to hear what you have to say on their behalf. My prayers are with you and them.

Jodi Detrick

Anonymous said...

I amire you Iana. You make me believe in God again. I stoped doing that when my brodher have came to my bedroom the first time. Thank you for helping these girls... much much much.

Iana Matei said...

Dear Anonymous,
I don't care if you are working the streets, you are my hero! You survived, and I want you to know that I admire you.
Iana

Betty Graffis said...

Do you have a forcasted publish date for your book? I too want to buy not just one, but I feel this would be a book I want my friends and family to read also!
Thank you for making us aware of these horrible things. I wonder how many of these girls that are rescued become followers of Christ?