Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Taking Control by Joy Morris

You look in the mirror and realize that you do not recognize this person anymore. Why is that? Is it because so much has went on in your life that you feel you've lost all control? Or maybe it's because you've allowed yourself to be consumed with thoughts of all the bad that has happened to you. Regardless of which one it is..my question to you is.....when is it enough?
I have been through so much in my own life. I have learned that I cannot blame myself for things that have happened nor can I hold a grudge against someone who has done me wrong. When you do this and when you allow hate to consume you then you have let that person or people win. You have to make a daily decision to take control over your life. You wake up and you make the choice to brush your teeth, you make the choice to put your clothes on. So why not make the choice to take control over your life and take a stand letting everyone know that you WILL be happy and you WILL succeed in life.
I've heard many times that life can be simple and I've just laughed at that saying.. but if you truly think about it..life can be simple because life is what you make of it. So make the choice each and everyday of your life to push forward, to forgive those who have wronged you and to be happy no matter what you do. You will see the huge impact it makes not only on you but others in your life that you surround yourself with. I pray for happiness and peace in each and everyone of your lives.

No comments: